Adding a little detail to Alain's comments - all three flavors of DUID are,
in fact, defined in RFC 3315 to be stable for the lifetime of the host,
independent of any changes to MAC addresses.  Therefore, address assignment
via DHCPv6 can be controlled by the DHCPv6 server to assign a stable address
for the lifetime of the device.

- Ralph

On 10/26/06 10:58 AM, "Durand, Alain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>