Hi Folks,
Some RFCs (I know of at least 2, RFC2526 and RFC4214) reserve a set of interface identifiers on all prefixes. These identifiers need to be excluded when a node autoconfigures an address. This problem occurs with privacy addresses but is equally applicable to other address assigment methods like dhcpv6, cga etc. As Bernie suggested in a mail it would be good to maintain a list of such identifiers. This is possible by either listing the currently assigned IIDs in a document, or by creating an IANA registry. The former is useful if there will be no such allocations in the future and the later is useful if there will be future allocations. I have written a draft regarding this and I was wondering if the wg considers this to be useful work worth pursuing. I would also like to know if there are any other RFCs/drafts which depend on using specific IIDs.

Thanks
Suresh