On May 18, 2007, at 6:01 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

I agree. If this I-D is to deprecate a significant part of such a key RFC, it should explain why. The current text is exceeding sparse in this regard, and the relevant refs are mostly non- archival documents.

So would work on a companion document outlining the problems with source routing in general and RH0 in particular fill that gap satisfactorily, in your opinion?

That might work, provided there was a degree of fate-sharing between the two documents (i.e. of they were developed and submitted together). I think sending up the action document without the corresponding justification document would be a bad idea. Of course, putting all the material in one draft also solves that problem.

R,
Dow