4.1 DNS Issues

   AAAA and PTR records for centrally assigned local IPv6 addresses may
   be installed in the global DNS.  This may be useful if these
   addresses are being used for site to site or VPN style applications,
   or for sites that wish to avoid separate DNS systems for inside and
   outside traffic.

   The operational issues relating to this are beyond the scope of this
   document.

        We have to be *very* careful here.  If we allow PTR's to
        be installed in the global DNS then globally reachable
        nameservers *have* to exist for each prefix allocated.
        Otherwise the problems that the AS112 project is trying to
        deal with will appear here as well.

        This is a long term operational cost associated with ULA-C.

        Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]