> Unless anyone can mention a lot of potential IPv6 deployments that
will
> deploy IPv6 without a router sending RA, it's not even worth
discussing
> the subject.

ISATAP links have routers that send RAs, but not all nodes on
the link will necessarily receive them. A node on an ISATAP
link can always send an RS to get back an RA, but why bother
when the information is available via DHCP?

> Don't tell me one will deploy DHCPv6 hosts without a router
> in the deployment

Not hearing unsolicited RAs is not the same thing as not
having routers.

> - don't give me private closed networks for an example
> - it's a weak argument. Even a dinky home network I can build in my
home
> for IPv6 better have the Linksys router sending RA's to IPv6 hosts in
my
> home.

OK.

> If a router is deployed, then why disable the RA on the router? I
> agree with James that such a RA-absent network is plain broken.

It's not about disabling RA on the router at all; the
routers are just ordinary routers and will still send
RAs just fine.

Fred
[EMAIL PROTECTED]