Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your very kind comments.

> Sorry to interrupt, but I'd suggest that working on a new RH design is
> mostly a waste of time at this point.
I understand your point completely. It sounds very logical to have a
use case before going in for a draft, which otherwise may not even be
required.

However it seems you have probably not followed mails I have sending
carefully enough. I have raised this issue on the list way back and
got some feed back too. I have found based on feedback the main uses
of the RH header to be Explicit Traffic Engineering as well as for OAM
purposes (something the IETF has underplayed for a long time). There
is a paper by Geoff Huston (I am not totally sure it was him), that
gives some use cases for operators.

I am ok, adding a section at the beginning of the draft for the same.

> One can argue that the whole RH0 debacle results from designing
> functionality for which there was no clear customer/use. Time and time
> again, this sort of protocol design results in (at best) wasted
> effort.
Having been the one to have identified the amplification attacks
around a couple of years ago, I realize the problems and related
security issues. However I am not sure of how you say there are no use
cases. I got the information asking that very question on the list. It
would be great if you can let me know what you base your assumptions
on?

Thanks,
Vishwas