Hi Thomas,

>From mails I see on the list and offline, I see people who seem to say
they want the functionality. One of the reasons the functionality is
probably not present or used as much is because IPv6 deployments
aren't as widely present as IPv4.

That said my way forward would be to recommend the RPF check at the
edge of networks if such functionality is required and firewalling it
as a default case.

Hi Arnaud,

I agree that adding new functionality to any protocol adds new attack
vectors. As a protocol feature designer when adding any new
functionality, I need to see the security aspects of the functionality
too. I do not think every possible attack can be mitigated, but the
idea should be the remaining attack vectors are so CPU intensive/
costly that it would require a lot more effort on the part of the
attacker to carry out an attack. The RH0 attack is not that serious as
some have pointed out, but the ease of making it a lot more dangerous.

Thanks,
Vishwas