> However it seems you have probably not followed mails I have sending
> carefully enough. I have raised this issue on the list way back and
> got some feed back too. I have found based on feedback the main uses
> of the RH header to be Explicit Traffic Engineering as well as for OAM
> purposes (something the IETF has underplayed for a long time). There
> is a paper by Geoff Huston (I am not totally sure it was him), that
> gives some use cases for operators.

What I mean by "find a use" or "find a customer", is not to point to
some generic, hand-wavy "it would be nice" from some third party. It
is to get the customer/user who has a real problem to solve to come
and explain what that problem is, so we can talk about about how to
solve it. Anything short of that risks development of a solution  in
search of a problem. The IETF has a lot of experience with that, and
it is mostly negative.

It's easy to find _possible_ uses. What we should be looking for is a
problem that needs solving, for which a routing header really is a
good/best solution, not just a "cool" or "neat" solution.

> Having been the one to have identified the amplification attacks
> around a couple of years ago, I realize the problems and related
> security issues. However I am not sure of how you say there are no use
> cases. I got the information asking that very question on the list. It
> would be great if you can let me know what you base your assumptions
> on?

RH0 has been part of IPv6 for more than a decade. Remind of _who_ has
used it or is using it, and what critical applications take advantage
of it. I believe the answer to the question is pretty much the empty
set. That is what I mean there being "no use cases".

Thomas