Alain,

In your deployment, you probably control the host as well and hence can
choose DHCPv6 as the only mechanism for address assignment. This works fine
in such an environment. But not in an environment where many different types
of hosts with different capabilities could attach to the network.

Is there a logical argument for not allowing hosts to configure addresses
via SLAAC?

-Raj