On 1-okt-2007, at 16:01, Templin, Fred L wrote:

I would be interested to know who has implemented and/or
is using DHCPv6 prefix delegation (RFC3633), because I'm
seeing some interesting use cases for it.

When I was writing my book ( http://www.runningipv6.net/ ) in 2005 I did some testing between the Cisco IOS and KAME implementations, KAME only as a server and IOS both as a client and a server. Worked well despite the experimental status of the KAME daemon at that time.

The cool thing is that you can sort of store the delegated prefix on a Cisco router and then use it elsewhere (not everywhere, though) in the configuration, for instance, to generate RAs. So one change to the DHCP server can let a router and all the hosts connected to it renumber. This is certainly something I'd like to see in consumer grade CPEs.

I've heard a lot about an ISC DHCPv6 implementation but no idea what the status is there, and if they support or plan to support prefix delegation.