Erik and Hesham, did you read our on-and-off-link draft? It has lot of
clarification data in the draft. Wrt to the problem Ralph mentioned
below, our draft says the following:

2.  The on-link definition in section 2.1 of RFC 4861 [ND] describes
       the only means for on-link determination.  DHCPv6 or any other
       configuration on the host MUST NOT be used for on-link
       determination.  Manual configuration of a host introduces its own
       set of security considerations and is beyond the scope of this

Singh & Beebee             Expires May 3, 2008                  [Page 3]

Internet-Draft          ND On-link Determination            October 2007

       document.  Note that the on-link definition as specified by RFC
       4861 [ND] does not include manual configuration.

This is a totally correct paragraph based off of RFC 4861, 4862, and
3315 (DHCPv6).

It's a lot of things we are saying in our drafts that needed
clarification in 4861. It's not just one thing.

Hemant