Hi Suresh,

thanks for your helpful response!

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’m contacting you as I’ve a question regarding the Hop-by-Hop header
>> option ‘Router Alert’ and its exact use. I hope I don't disturb you...

>I am generally against any new proposal that uses hop by hop options
>(including router alerts) since they could increase the processing loads >on
>intermediate routers and could be used as a DoS vector,

Okay, if you say that you're against any new proposal that uses hop by hop
options combined with router alert, then it could be better to define a new
hop-by-hop option, which is only recognized by certain router (regarding mobile
ip these routers could be home agents). or you're generally against the using
of the hop-by-hop header, regardless of the router alert is used or not?

Thanks a lot

Bernd