Le mardi 4 août 2009 22:01:01 Margaret Wasserman, vous avez écrit :
> On Jul 31, 2009, at 3:06 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > is basically UDP except the checksum would only covering the IPv6 and
> > transport header. Hmmph, this is just like UDP-Lite really but it
> > seems
> > like there is opposition to overloading UDP-Lite. Then the 64-
> > translators
> > would convert it to normal UDP/IPv4... ?
>
> Why do you think that this would be "overloading UDP-Lite"?

Gorry Fairhurst does, not me. UDP-Lite was specified for damage-tolerant
payloads, not to avoid redumdant checksums. Personally, I don't care.

> And what is the opposition?

The only (valid) argument that I remember against UDP-Lite was lack of
compatibility with IPv4 NAT/firewall in case the flow would go through a
NAT64. This was a comment from Dave Thaler in SF. Admittedly, it was about
AMT, not LISP.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/