Fred,

Your proposal seems to me in the best direction.

For a full agreement, it would however be appropriate IMHO to be more precise: - A v4 to v6 translator MAY (for efficiency) not recalculate checksums of UDP datagrams received with zero checksums. - If it doesn't recalculate them, it SHOULD forward datagrams with their zero checksum - An IPv4 host MAY transmit zero-checksum UDP datagrams and MUST accept them - An IPv6 host MUST transmit UDP datagrams with non-zero checksums and MAY accept them with zero checksums.

Would this fit with what you wish?

Regards,
RD