Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for your replies! I have another related question.

    Is there a way to limit the scope of an IPv6 address to the node?
    I am looking for a unicast address which is something like an
Interface-local multicast address
    (unfortunately I cant use the interface-local mcast address
because I might also be sending
     packets with this address as source address)

thanks & regards
Vijay