On Nov 18, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Arifumi Matsumoto wrote:

I guess that is because if you force to try all the pairs, it perfectly
ignores the address selection manner defined in RFC 3484, and thus,
it gives us not little impact.

If they space them closely and run them in parallel, I guess I don't see the impact. Imagine you have five addresses and your peer has five addresses, so there are 25 pairs. Imagine you are spacing the SYNs 10 ms apart. Imagine that the only pair that works is the last one you try. worst case, you find out 2.5 seconds plus one RTT which will work. If you cache the result, that only happens once, and if you don't, how does that compare to the current model in which you pick one address pair by some algorithm and wait for a TCP timeout before trying another?