Fred,

In my personal view, I think you need to really investigate what can be done
with OSPF.  There is a lot of experience with it and how it scales and there is
real experience with OSPF on real NBMA networks.  It is an existing well known
solution.

If the real focus of this is large deployments of ISATAP across thousands of
routers, I think you need to provide some evidence that this is a real problem
in some real deployment.  Also, why would someone want to use ISATAP in an
environment like that?  Native or point to point tunnels seems a lot simpler to
me.

With my w.g. chair hat on:  If you are trying to turn ND into a routing
protocol (for ISATAP), then then is very likely out of scope for the 6man w.g.
This is not maintenance.

Regards,
Bob