Brian,

Thanks for pointing this out. The redirect mechanism we
have been discussing in this thread actually provides a
policy control point to the operator, in that the operator
can configure its routers to either send or not send the
redirects in accordance with its policy. None of this
needs to be dealt with in the protocol designs, which
deal only with mechanisms.

> (I would suggest that statements of agreement or disagreement with
> this IETF policy don't belong on this list.)

Understood.

Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com