In all of these discussions, I am amazed that no one has mentioned that NIST
has written a set of IPv6 implementation requirements for all US manufactured
equipment that addresses many of the discussion issues.

NIST SP-800-115 Guidelines for the Secure Deployment of IPv6
NIST SP-500-267 A Profile for IPv6 in the US Government - Version 1.0

These documents were developed under the statutory responsibilities of the
Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) of 2002, Public Law
107-347.  The recommendations in these reports are enforced by the Federal
Acquisition Language (FAR) requirements stated in RIN 9000-AK57 as FAR Case
2006-041, Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6).
In short, follow the FAR law for IPv6 devices or the US Government will not
purchase a vendor IPv6 device. This law applies to all Federal Government
departments, agencies, offices, including DoD, NASA, Dept of Commerce, Veterans
Administration, literally all Federal government purchasing offices and all
equipment purchased via Federal funding dollars or the GSA bidding process.

IPv6 routers are similar to automobiles at this point in time.  If the device
is sold in the US, then it must conform to US law.  That is the way that
unleaded gas came into use, through Federal Law implemented as a certain size
gas tank nozzle.  For IPv6, the transported packets may not be liquid, but the
core principle of controlling the transport "ground rules" is the same.  A
vendor can break the law just as replica makers violate copyright law, but the
vendor is liable for damages if that is his organization's choice.

Carroll Perkins