Once again, this is a v6ops topic, so this will be my last comment
here on the 6man list:

On 2010-03-27 04:53, Perkins, Carroll G wrote:
> In all of these discussions, I am amazed that no one has mentioned that NIST
> has written a set of IPv6 implementation requirements for all US manufactured
> equipment that addresses many of the discussion issues.
>
> NIST SP-800-115 Guidelines for the Secure Deployment of IPv6

Except that this is truly obnoxious and paranoid:

> Organizations that are not yet deploying IPv6 should implement the following
> recommendations:
>
> * Block all IPv6 traffic, native and tunneled, at the organization's
> firewall. Both incoming and outgoing traffic should be blocked.

This, if applied, would block all early-adopter activity.

More reasonable guidelines are in draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security
and an approach that actively helps Internet transparency is suggested in
draft-vyncke-advanced-ipv6-security.

These are much more fruitful approaches than the NIST guideline, which
I hope will be widely disregarded.

   Brian