Le 30 mars 2010 à 13:00, Mark Smith a écrit :

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:17:27 +0900
> Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:
>
>>> So, I really don't see why LAN segments *need* /64s either then.
>>
>> as the subject, but not the $subject, has changed, could you please
>> remove me from the cc:s.  thanks.
>

> Apologies for that. Can we generalise the subject into non-64 bit
> IIDs, as it also covers the /127 case, and nearly all the reasons for
> non-/64s on LANs are the same as in the draft?

Indeed, all links on which there is need neither for IPv6 link-local addresses
nor for neighbor discovery, have no reason to be limited to /64 link prefixes
and 64-bit IIDs.

Whether it is better to make directly the generic point, or do things in two
phases is a matter for personal appreciation.
What is important IMHO is that technical realities get understood by the
community, and it seems we do agree.

RD