2010/4/19 Tina TSOU <t...@huawei.com>:
> In RFC 4293,
> - ipAddressTable is described as writable, this table uses address
> as index, but the critical information for configuring address, the
> address prefix ipAddressPrefix node is read-only. It seems
> contradict to me.

Worse, the whole ipAddressPrefixTable is read-only, so you can't
insert a new row to try to point to.  This seems like we didn't pay
enough attention to making these configurable via SNMP.

> This table uses address as index, but the public network and VPN
> may have exactly the same IP address. This table does not
> explicitly say whether it only supports public network.

As with most MIBs, if you have multiple contexts on the device, you
need multiple instances of the MIB, usually using SNMPv3 contexts and
the entLogicalTable to associate SNMPv2 communities if needed.

  Bill