On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:40:49 +0530
"JOSHI, SHRINIVAS ASHOK (SHRINIVAS ASHOK)"
<shrinivas_ashok.jo...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> Hi Fortune,
>
> Perhaps TR-177 discussion on broadband forum would be a more appropriate
> place for this discussion.
>
> If operational model is clear (i.e. which parameters need to be provided
> through RA) not just service/prefix
> but also DNS, SNTP information, VLAN/service etc then a proposal combining
> all the options in a draft can be made to WG.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1958.txt

"Architectural Principles of the Internet"

"3.2 If there are several ways of doing the same thing, choose one.
   If a previous design, in the Internet context or elsewhere, has
   successfully solved the same problem, choose the same solution unless
   there is a good technical reason not to.  Duplication of the same
   protocol functionality should be avoided as far as possible, without
   of course using this argument to reject improvements."