Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Krishnan [mailto:suresh.krish...@ericsson.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 10:57 AM
To: Tina Tsou
Cc: ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: I-D Action:draft-krishnan-6man-header-reserved-bits-00.txt

Hi Tina,

On 10-10-29 02:39 PM, Tina Tsou wrote:

> Best Regards,
>
> Tina TSOU
>
> http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

<snip>

>  >>> ....
>
>  >> My point was, if we need to change the nodes at both ends to
>
>  >> implement a
>
> new use of the flow label, the backward compatibility argument is moot.
>
>  >

>  > Right "if we need to change the nodes at both ends", but we don't.
>

> As I said before, for draft-zhou, we need to.
>

> [Suresh, thank you for taking time reading draft-zhou. As the author, I
> don’t see why we need to modify the Flow label at both ends in
> draft-zhou. Why do you say that? What’s the technical reason? Thanks.]

I said *the nodes* at both ends need to be modified to support the flow
label scheme. The flow label does not necessarily need to get modified
at both ends.
[If these ends mean the two ends of softwire, then it is fine. But from your
previous emails I thought you meant the ends refer to the two ends of the
point-to-point tunnels. If it means the two ends of PPPoE, it is not
correct, because there is no IPv6 packet at that time.
Would you clarify a little bit? Thank you.]

Thanks
Suresh