Lets be a little careful here:
1) If we say "No Extension Headers for intermediate processing", and "No Hop By Hop Options", then we are saying that we do not want any extensions intended to be processed in intermediate routers. While I personally like that, I want to make really sure that we understand that is what we are saying.

2) I have been told that many large rotuers have a setting that causes them to ignore the hop by hop options field. To the degree that is both true and turned on, then we need to allow for that in our think (both positive and negative.)

Yours,
Joel