On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 13:20:40 +0900
Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

> > And, keep in mind, one can use abitrary prefixes by turning off
> > stateless address autoconfiguration  and using DHCPv6.
>
> we wish.  there is still the exciting mess of ra.

Your wishes are already true. You switch off the autonomous
address-configuration flag (A bit) for the prefix -

      A              1-bit autonomous address-configuration flag.  When
                     set indicates that this prefix can be used for
                     stateless address configuration as specified in
                     [ADDRCONF].

So in summary -

RA with M and O bits set
PIO in RA with prefix(es) with L bit on and A bit off

will force DHCPv6.