On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 23:09:46 +0800
"Yu Hua bing" <yhb810...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Hi, I have submit draft-yhb-6man-ra-privacy-flag-02. The problem to
>    be solved is as follows:
>
>    In some sites, the network administrators want to deploy stateless
>    address autoconfiguration, and just permit the hardware-derived
>    addresses to communicate with the Internet.They will do as follows:

<snip>

>   Now we can provide two solutions to the network administrators:
>   (1) SLAAC + bind the MAC address and the  hardware-derived address on the
> access switch + disable the temporary addresses
>   (2) DHCPv6 + DHCPv6 snooping
>   The first solution is cheaper, and is easier to deploy.

You'd be better off focusing on address usage and recording
mechanisms, which will not require changes to end-nodes, would be
compatible with all current addressing methods (i.e. SLAAC, DHCPv6,
static), and would also inherently accommodate any future
addressing methods (how ever unlikely that may be of occuring). That
will be the cheapest and most effective solution to your problem.

Neighbor caches, Duplicate Address Detection and Neighbor
Unreachability Detection create enough externally visible information
and maintain enough state to track appearance, continued existence and
the disappearance of nodes using IPv6. Develop a mechanism that
externally records the state transitions you're interested in, and I
think you'd have an adequate solution to your problem without having
develop additional IPv6 related addressing mechanisms and then having
to deploy them to end-nodes on a wide scale.

http://ndpmon.sourceforge.net/ is an example of the sorts of things
people are already using external observance of ND transactions for. It
can already record new station, new IPv6 Global Address and new
Link Local Address. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make it also
record when stations disappear. Ideally it'd be best to utilise the
underlying operating system's existing NUD mechanism to do this
tracking.

Regards,
Mark.