> The common argument from the "stateful-only crowd" seems to be that
> they need to have a log of IPv6 address/MAC addresses for audit
> purposes, and therefore think they need to have stateful, database
> driven addressing to do that, probably because that is how it has
> been done in IPv4.

In our (service provider) case the basic requirement is to be able to
associate a dynamic IPv6 address with a specific *customer*.

We're not really interested in the MAC address other than the fact
that customer support sometimes finds it useful to look at the OUI and
tell the customer "you need to restart your XX wireless router because
..."

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sth...@nethelp.no