On 04/14/2011 13:23, Richard Hartmann wrote:
Hi all,

after renaming to draft-hartmann-6man-addresspartnaming, I am still
waiting for feedback.

I am not sure how the exact procedures are: Does lack of feedback mean
people are mostly OK with this or that no one cares?

To be painfully honest, most likely the latter, sorry. I've never had a problem with "field" as the description, and have never been confused because that's not a unique term. I agree with Karl that hextet is right out. I actually like the term quibble, because of (rather than in spite of) its alternate meaning, given how contentious various elements of v6 design have been, and continue to be. (It also rhymes with nibble.)

OTOH, I did think of another candidate, felco (mash-up of "field between the colons"). Apparently this name is used by a brand of pruning shears, but I seriously doubt anyone would get them confused. My feelings won't be hurt if no one thinks this is an improvement, I'm ambivalent about it myself. :)

hth,

Doug

                        -- OK Go