On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:14:52 +0200 (CEST)
Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011, Ted Lemon wrote:
>
> > Is there a way that someone who is not running 802.1x can demonstrate
> > that they control layer 2?
>
> Doesn't 802.1x only control access as a non/off switch? As soon as you're
> connected to the network, I thought it was back to flat L2 default
> ethernet again?

The thing I've been intending to investigate was whether 802.1x could
deliver non-authentication related attributes to the supplicant upon
successful authentication, similar to RADIUS Access-Accept messages. If
it could, I think that could be used to perform the key distribution to
bootstrap SeND.

Regards,
Mark.