* Mikael Abrahamsson:

> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Christian Huitema wrote:
>
>> Then I am really not worried. This kind of attack is trivially
>> mitigated by any stateful firewall on the path. In addition to all
>> other mitigations that were listed on this thread.
>
> Think as an ISP. We do not stateful firewall our customers, and we
> might be forced to have requipment in the customer /64, at least
> initially.

Could you rephrase that?

If you're in the IPv4 consumer market, I'm pretty sure you provide
stateful filtering for customers.  (The filter probably resides on the
CPE.)  It's possible to do things differently with IPv6, but customers
will probably not like it.

--
Florian Weimer                <fwei...@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99