Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-11-03 15:50, john.lough...@nokia.com wrote:
>>
>> ... I would suggest the following text:
>>
>> All nodes SHOULD support RFC 6437, IPv6 Flow Label Specification,
>> defines the IPv6 Flow Label.  Specifically:
>>
>>  "Forwarding nodes such as routers and load distributors MUST NOT
>>   depend only on Flow Label values being uniformly distributed. "
>>
>>  "It is therefore RECOMMENDED  that source hosts support the flow
>>   label by setting the flow label field for all packets of a given
>>   flow to the same value chosen from an approximation to a discrete
>>   uniform distribution. "
>
> I support this (and the proposed text), as long as it doesn't cause
> more than three or four weeks' delay.

   The language feels right for a de-novo -bis.

   OTOH, it strikes me as going well beyond an AUTH48 change.

   Given IETF week, I personally doubt this big a change can be
accomplished in four weeks -- but that's a question for Jari, not me.

   I'd also support a lesser change, merely an Informative ref, just
pointing out the new RFC (which I _would_ have the nerve to ask for
as an AUTH49 change).

   Either way, I hope that a -ter becomes a milestone not more than
12-18 months from now. (If done soon enough, it shouldn't be that
hard!)

--
John Leslie <j...@jlc.net>