----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane Amante" <sh...@castlepoint.net>
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:37 AM
Subject: Re: Flow Label support in the Node Requirements bis document

> On Nov 3, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Thomas Narten wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > This should not be a surprising or controversial change to the
> > node-requirements document. The WG made the decision earlier that we'd
> > leave out a reference to the Flow Label work because we didn't want to
> > have node-requirements block waiting for it, but we would revisit if
> > that work finished in time.
> >
> > It has.
> >
> > We should just make this change. There was never any doubt that node
> > requirements would point to the updated Flow Label RFC.
>
> I completely agree.  We should make the change now.

Yes, make the change now.  Planning on yet another revision is just confirming
the impression that people get that IPv6 is not yet ready, will still be being
tinkered with in two years time, so don't invest in it yet.  Honest, I think
that the tinkeritis that has kept the IPv6 revision industry busy for 15 years
is a major bar to progress.  Sometime we must stop and say, just do it.

Tom Petch