On Nov 22, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Ole Troan wrote:
for clarification, that was not my proposal. my suggestion was to merge all
information within one "provisioning domain".
unsure if we will end up with provisioning domain = link, as detection of
multiple provisioning domains on a single link may not be trivial in all corner
cases.

I agree with you that right now detecting provisioning domains is not trivial;
indeed, in some cases it's impossible.   However, if you think provisioning
domain == link, then that's a problem that needs fixing.   Indeed, that's *the*
problem that needs fixing.   I think we have to fix it; if we punt, we're going
to pay for it later.