On 12/21/2011 07:39 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>> Is the aforementioned traffic the result of an implementation of your
>> proposal for for DNS/UDP?
>
> No. I haven't fiddled with any kernel code to do this.

So,,, any idea about what is actually producing these atomic packets?

> My main worry is getting DNS/UDP fragmented at IPv6 minumum MTU as
> that is not being done today despite the being a API to do it and
> as a result I'm seeing lookup failures.  Forcing the addition of a
> fragment header is dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Sorry: I understand the potential problem with sending packets >1280.

But doesn't sending 1280-sized packets solve the problem? i.e., what are
the boxes that currently implement the RFC2460-specified behavior of
"translating devices wshi leverage the IPv6 fragment header to fragment
an IPv6 packet into the ipv4 world"?

NAT64? The link-radios that RJA mentioned? Anything else?

For the most part, I'm curious about what is generating them....

Thanks!

Best regards,
--
Fernando Gont