On Jan 3, 2012, at 3:24 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>> So, I don't think we can just wish away packet-too-big < 1280.
>
> Sadly, that seems to be true unless we make a much more radical change,
> because of translators.

Sometimes presenting broken networks and hosts a non-working solution is
the proper signaling mechanism to inform them they need to take corrective
action.

This is done by placing infected hosts in a walled-garden in some cases, or
perhaps here, if they can't handle anything lt 1280, they need to repair
or patch their host/stack.  At some point these legacy networks need to be
taken off life-support.

- Jared