That only helps in half of the RFC6144 scenarios, where the IPv6
host is behind the translator (e.g., "Scenario 1: an IPv6 network to the
IPv4 Internet").  It would not help in the other half of the RFC6144
scenarios where the IPv6 host is on the Internet (e.g., "Scenario 4:
an IPv4 network to the IPv6 Internet").  It is RFC6144's Scenario 4
where stateless IPv6/IPv4 translators, where the IPv4 network has a
small MTU, that there is a reliance on the last paragraph of Section
5 of RFC2460.

-d