----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com>
To: "t.petch" <ie...@btconnect.com>
Cc: "6man" <ipv6@ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:11 PM
> Thanks Tom, this is new to me. I don't understand
> where the 'decimal' hint comes from, given that the
> practice has always been to use alphanumerics.
>
> Does anyone know if this is actually used, and if so, how?

Brian

My exposure to zoneids started with the installation of Windows 2000
Servers, but there was no SNMP involved there; I cannot recall if
URI were in use, I think not, and the ids I saw were, I think, numeric.

I did see that RFC4007 says that
"   Implementations choosing to follow the
   recommended basic API [10] will want to restrict their index values
   to those that can be represented by the sin6_scope_id field of the
   sockaddr_in6 structure."
but I am not sure what that means, in terms of character set.

Tom Petch