Dave,

On 2012/03/17, at 15:22, Dave Thaler wrote:

> Brian Carpenter writes:
> [...]
>> Let me be clear. If a local service has (for some reason) both a ULA and a
>> non-
>> ULA global address, and the host has both, I think the correct default
>> behaviour is for the ULA address pair to be used.
>
> As I put into the doc, I don't think that's quite right.
>
> If both the source and dest ULAs are in the same /48 then I think the correct
> default is as you say (use ULA).

What I see a possible problem is that, in the current bis-01, this is not
implemented as a required behavior.

That is, the logic to prefer ULA in the same /48 is in the Example section,
and is not explicitly preferred/required/mandated in the document.

> If the source and dest ULAs are in different /48's then I think the correct
> default is instead to use the non-ULA global, since there's no guarantee of
> routability between different /48s.  So unless configured otherwise, one
> has to assume it's far more problematic than a non-ULA global.

I do not see any problem about this point.

Best regards,

> You'll find the above logic in the current 3484bis draft.
>
> -Dave

Arifumi Matsumoto
  NGN System Architecture Project
  NTT Service Integration Laboratories