Avoiding the situation you describe is exactly why "The Internet" was
commercially adopted.

Without One Internet, we will have commercial walled gardens; open
exchange of information will suffer.

From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Pars Mutaf
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:25 AM
To: ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Why one Internet?

Hi,

In my opinion, we can add one more Internet when necessary, then another
one etc.

We can have as many Internets as we need, all different.

We just need a *network of Internets*.

The first (current) Internet is an IPv4 Internet.

The second Internet can be an IPv4 Internet too. In this case we would
have 2 IPv4 Internets.

Obviously, in this case, we would have the same addresses used by two
different nodes in

the two Internets. I think it is possible to locate the node we need. I
am not here to discuss

these details.

The second Internet can be an IPv6 Internet.

The second Internet can be a IPv7 Internet.

The second Internet can be IPv6 but we may have a third one which is
IPv7 etc.

We just need a network of Internets, all possibly different.

Pars

http://content-based-science.org/ <http://content-based-science.org/>