From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
mohamed.boucad...@orange.com
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 8:50 AM
To: mboned-cha...@ietf.org; ipv6@ietf.org
Cc: Brian Haberman; draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-for...@tools.ietf.org
Subject: draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format

Dear all,

During the IETF LC for draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format, Brian
suggested to use the remaining flag instead of reserving ff3x:0:8000/33 (SSM)
and ffxx:8000/17 (ASM) blocks. FYI, we have considered that approach in an
early version of the document but it has been abandoned because of comments we
received at that time. We recorded the rationale behind our design choice in:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format-01#appendix-A.2.

We are seeking more feedback from 6man and mboned on the following:

(1) Should we maintain the current design choice
(2) Or adopt the suggestion from Brian?

FWIW, discussion related to this issue can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mboned/current/msg01508.html.
The latest version of the draft is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-64-multicast-address-format-01

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Med