Hi, all

Firstly, thanks for Karl's elaborate analysis and solution proposal for the M/O
issue. I think that's definitely reasonable reference if we want to fix the
issue.

But as some comments showed in this morning's 6man meeting, some people thought
it is not necessary to fix the M/O issue in standard, because it used to be
long discussions about it, and current SLAAC standard (RFC4862) was just based
on the discussion result at that time.
May I venture to argue that, "had been discussed before" might not be
reasonable enough to deal with current problems. I think the situation has
changed since the RFC4862 published, more and more real IPv6 deployments are
emerging, then people find it is quite confusing of the ambiguous M/O
definition, this real-network problem may be much more sensitive than we
imagined/discussed to be when writing RFC4862.

We have two address autoconfiguration modes (SLAAC/DHCPv6)  in IPv6, which is
one of the most significant differences between IPv4, people who have really
deployed IPv6 may notice more importance of SLAAC/DHCPv6 interaction than we
discussed before, at least I've learned the requirements from both offline and
on the mics, maybe it is not comprehensive enough, but at least it's
considerable.

So, my personal preference is similar with Karl's, we might need additional
flags to cover the SLAAC/DHCPv6 interaction semantics. And in 6renum, we also
discussed some new semantics requirements (see in the draft, and the section
5.1 in 6renum WG item:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6renum-gap-analysis-02 ), I think they
are also considerable.

Regards,