Hi list,

i few month ago I played around with dos-new-ip6.c from the IPv6
Attack Toolkit of Marc Heuse (see http://thc.org/thc-ipv6/). The tool
answers to any neighbor solicitation with an neighbor advertisement.
Debian 6.0.5 sent the neighbor solicitation a few times, always
receiving a neighbor advertisement for the desired address. After a
few tries Debian just assigned the desired address. This was tested
using a OpenVPN network with VMs using VirtualBox.

Cheers,
Dominik