> Just I mentioned in previous email, SLAAC is optional WiMAX deployment.

The attempt to create an access network without RA/RS is nothing new.
Other (e.g., DSL, PON) access network technologies have considered this and
determined that the biggest missing piece is route info. Which is the reason
behind draft-ietf-mif-dhcpv6-route-option. But on point-to-point links it is
possible to assume the next hop, so that route info isn't needed. A solution
without RA is simple on point-to-point links.

I believe the existing address and prefix DHCPv6 options are sufficient to
support what you seem to be trying to do. Unless the goal is to be able to
share a single prefix among multiple WiMAX endpoints? I'm not familiar with
prefix sharing across point-to-point connections, so I'm guessing the
expectation is one /64 prefix per WiMAX endpoint?

In which case, it would appear that a host could request a /64 IA_PD, and then
use that prefix for whatever it wanted. The host doesn't have to be a router,
or offer the prefix to any other host. It can create any addresses it wants for
itself. In the CE Router (RFC 6204) requirements, the "unnumbered" model is
already described, where the RA contains no "A" prefix and no IA_NA is offered;
so it takes addresses for itself from the IA_PD. Your proposal seems to be
exactly this, with the only difference being that the CE router does try to
also offer the IA_PD prefix on its LAN. But since there's nothing policing this
(the access network has no clue what use the IA_PD is put to), there's nothing
to prevent the host from just keeping the entire IA_PD for itself. Why does
this not meet your need?

For a WiMAX-defined endpoint using IA_PD would be no more difficult that what
you are proposing. In fact, it would be pretty much the same. For the DHCPv6
server it would be simpler, because the server would not need to have different
options that function identically (from the server's perspective). The DHCPv6
server truly does not care what use the IA_PD prefix is put to, or whether the
requesting DHCPv6 client is really a "requesting router" or just a device who
wants a prefix all to itself.
Barbara