Frank,

On 13/12/2012 00:25, Xiayangsong wrote:
> Hi Brian
>
> Probably, I am missing something.
> which documents say " all IPv6 nodes are required to support SLAAC "?

RFC 6434 says this:

5.9.2. IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration - RFC 4862

   Hosts MUST support IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration as
   defined in [RFC4862].  Configuration of static address(es) may be
   supported as well.

   Nodes that are routers MUST be able to generate link-local addresses
   as described in [RFC4862].
12. Router-Specific Functionality
12.2. Neighbor Discovery for IPv6 - RFC 4861

   Sending Router Advertisements and processing Router Solicitations
   MUST be supported.

It seems clear to me that SLAAC and RA are required functionalities.

If you can justify a scenario where RAs do not include PIO, you can
justify your proposal. But you cannot say there is no SLAAC.

> Just I mentioned in previous email, SLAAC is optional WiMAX deployment.

That is another problem.

   Brian