Remi,

>> there appears to be quite a lot of pushback in 6man against the use of u/g
>> bits as specified in the 4rd draft.
>
> FUD, yes, but technically founded pushback that haven't been answered, no one
> left AFAIK.

I can't parse the above.

> For instance, in you own long list of doubts, you included:
> - The need to "update every implementation". It definitely doesn't exist.

can you please explain that? given that a RFC4941 implementation may create
interface-id's that conflict with the 4rd
reserved range.

> - The view that "we should design protocols that do not depend on well known
> addresses or ports". This doesn't concern 4rd which uses neither WHA nor WKP.

well-known or reserved range. I'm not in favour of either.

> With these two in particular, one can get the impression that your are trying
> to oppose 4rd by all possible means. Without  clarification of when your
> chair hat is on or off, this is unfortunate IMHO.

chair off, I thought I made that clear. I have asked Bob to make the call on
this. I don't believe you are in a position to declare what consensus of the
6man working group is either. ;-)

I'm not trying to oppose 4rd by "all possible means". I'm trying to limit
collateral damage to IPv6 specifications and implementations.
I think that 4rd would function perfectly well without any reserved
interface-identifier space. do you disagree with that?

cheers,
Ole