Hello, chairs,

- First a great thank you Jouni for for the reference to RFC 5453, which is
perfectly relevant but had been ignored in this discussion.
The good news is that, since an IANA registry for IID ranges has already been
created, no new registry is needed for any new IID type, and in particular for
4rd.

- Small problem: at http://www.iana.org/protocols, a registry for "Reserved
Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Interface Identifiers" is listed but, when
clicking to open it, the page that comes is that of "Instant Message
Disposition Notification (IMDN) Headers". This should be easy to fix I suppose.

- For 4rd, it is then sufficient that the table of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5453#section-3  (to be reflected in the IANA
registry), becomes:

+-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+
|        Interface Identifier Range       |       Description       |
+-----------------------------------------+-------------------------+
|           0000:0000:0000:0000           |  Subnet-Router Anycast  |
|                                         |        [RFC4291]        |
|                                         |                         |
| 0300:0000:0000:0000-03FF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF |   Reserved 4rd Unicast  |
|                                         |    Addresses [RFCxxxx]  |
| FDFF:FFFF:FFFF:FF80-FDFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF | Reserved Subnet Anycast |
|                                         |    Addresses[RFC2526]   |

A possible answer from 6man to Softwire is then a request to modify the IANA
section of the 4rd draft to reflect the above.

Regards,
RD

2012-12-19 à 22:19, Jouni Korhonen <jouni...@gmail.com> :