On 01  Feb 2013, at 10:30 , Rémi Després wrote:
> Each of the designs we are interested in depends, to be complete,
> on reservation of a subset of the IID space left unused by RFC4291
> (that having u=g=1).

Both are *experiments*.  Neither is a standard.

With respect to Softwire, they decided to standardise
something other than 4rd.  Had they decided to
standardise 4rd, my views would be different,
but that wasn't the decision actually made in Softwire.

For *experiments*, a small shared use experimental
allocation *under RFC-3692 rules* should be both
sufficient and an appropriate approach -- and also
can be used with any other experiments that might arise
in future.

I haven't asked for any ILNP-specific allocation,
in part because my reading of the standards-track RFCs,
for example in RFC-4291, is that the (U=1 and G=1) space
is ALREADY designated for Multicast Identifiers.

Yours,

Ran