Le 2013-02-06 à 17:16, Fernando Gont <ferna...@gont.com.ar> a écrit :

> On 02/06/2013 10:52 AM, Rémi Després wrote:
>>
>> - The reserved range is a tool to AVOID conflicts. It isn't, like DAD, a
>> tool to RESOLVE them when they occur.
>
> DAD *detects* them, but does not resolve them (for instance, the last
> "D" stands for detection).

Right, thanks for noting I failed to be as rigorous as I should.

I should have said DETECT as far DAD is concerned (I do know what it means!),
or have referred to RFC 4941 (privacy extension) as a tool to RESOLVE
duplicates if "detected" by DAD.

> As a datapoint, all the v6 implementations I
> know of support DAD, yet they do not resolve DAD failures when one is
> encountered.

Well, RFC 4941 says "If DAD indicates the address is already in use, the node
MUST generate a new randomized interface identifier", and is widely implemented
(as I am sure you know).
Your turn, it seems, to be less rigorous than you could ;-).

Regards,
RD