Hi,

On 08.02.2013 09:31, Rémi Després wrote:

> Hosts of an IPv6 customer site can have IPv6 addresses assigned, with
> SLAAC or DHCPv6, BEFORE 4rd is activated.

> If  these addresses become in conflict with the CE 4rd address when
> 4rd is activated, renumbering becomes necessary. The objective (*)
> isn't satisfied. (Reason why the CE itself cannot take another
> address is because this address must be *algorithmically derived*
> from an a IPv4 destination by other CEs.)

Maybe I don't get it, but it seems that mixed usage of non-4rd hosts
and 4rd hosts in the same subnet is not easily possible, since 4rd
cannot use different IIDs than the algorithmically derived ones.
So conflicts are hopefully detected, but cannot be resolved.

This seems to suggest that you better use a different 4rd subnet-prefix
when configuring 4rd use so that all nodes in this 4rd subnet-prefix
use the same method to derive their IID and you avoid conflicts
with other hosts. Wouldn't it be possible to use those two subnets in
parallel, then there would be no need to renumber existing hosts.

Regards,
 Roland